Thursday, May 14, 2009

Working in Galway

Hello, my Canadian folks! Looks like I got a job!! What? No, it doesn't pay but man, it will be fun!

Friday, Saturday & Sunday, May 15th to 17th. I am volunteering for the Galway Early Music Festival. The theme of the festival is Islands and the Waters Between, Mermaids, Sirens, Sailors and Romance. The festival's End Celebration is a boat cruise to Inchagoill Island. Check out their website, www.galwayearlymusic.com

Tonight, I meet MauraO at a local pub, of course with rest of the volunteers to get the low-down. How cool is that?!

It's really old rock and roll! Ha, ha! Actually, it's music from the 12th to 17th century. It features music from Cyprus, Guernsey (I have no clue, yet, where that is/was), Ireland and the Continent, says their brochure.

Later today, I will be adding pictures from my last few days with Michael, Jenny and Aidan. Also, I have great pictures of the fabulous scenery on the ride to Galway.

Right now, I'm starving. So, I'm out to tour the city and grab a bite.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see from this that you are enjoying each min as you go along.
We just finished a DVD, Benjamen Buttons with The Larocques. Rain finally stopped. Looking forward to tomorrow lots of sun.
Love Mom & Gang

May 16, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home