Friday, May 08, 2009

Friday May 8th, 2009


It's hard to believe a week has gone by already. It is great to start this journey on familiar ground.

Michael, Jenny and Aidan are great hosts. Jenny is a little camera shy. Michael is just very choosy about how the picture turns out. Aidan is the little Superstar!!



I love flying because when you are above the clouds it's like being awake in a dream. Here is how my journey began:


I was lucky to have a 5 hour delay between arriving in London and flying to Dublin. I thought I packed lightly however, I still had too much stuff for the short jaunt to Dublin. With some great advice from Saed at the Gatwick airport, I was able to get on the Dublin flight without any extra cost. I did have to get rid of a few things and I forgot about the 100ml liquid rule. So, the new bottle of Bio Oil was tossed at the check in. ShYTE, as they say in Ireland!

In Dublin, as was down in the Temple Bar area. I had been there before. So, it was easy enough to get around. I stayed at the Abigail Hostel. The price was right and that is where you meet interesting traveler's, too.

The next day, I picked up the Matiz, a little standard car. Just my luck it was blue. I didn't even have to ask for the car to be blue. Of course, I got directions on how to get to Dungarvan. I left the car hire parking lot nervously and I immediately got lost. Ha, Ha! But, that was not a surprise, nor did I get freaked out. I just tried to get use to the gear shifting; going round and round on the round abouts; staying on the correct side of the road (the left?, the right?); and, finally trying not to hit anyone from behind when taking off.

Before you know it, I accidentally found my way to the N11 highway. I made it to Dungarvan in a few hours. Michael, Jenny and Aidan greeted me down by the tourist office near the shore.

The rest of the week has been spend exploring the Dungarvan, a trip to Youghal, Mount Mellary, The Vee and Cappoquin.



On Monday Micheal and I will be going to Waterford City. On Tuesday, I hop in the car and head to undiscovered lands.


I have listened to great Irish music and song. As yet, I have not had the chance to play with new friends. Not to worry, I practice all the time with Justin Sandercoe (justinguitar.com). He is one of my guitar heroes (along with Scott, Vince, Denis, mon oncle Fred, Brent, Gman, Justin M., Jacob...and many more)

Live, Love, Laugh, Sing & Dance!!





I have many more pictures of the great scenery, new friends and beautiful horizons. I will share them with you soon. I just need to figure out how to setup a slideshow. Peace out, dudes and dudettes.

Please note that what is below is from my previous journey back in 2004, Slainte!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lou,
Looks like you are having a blast. The pictures a beautiful, keep them coming. Be careful driving, sounds like its a challenge. Please remember never to drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
MLT
Devo

May 8, 2009 at 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Daughter:
Sooooo glad you are enjoying every minute. All is well here. Gi & Rick are just leaving take care.
Love Mom & Dad

May 8, 2009 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Hey Womman!

Good see the Blog is set up. Try to look up Damian Mcgee when in London. Would be something if you could track him down!
Take good care.
Denise

May 8, 2009 at 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Spaze!

Don't know what to say - you are one brave lady to do this all by yourself. WOW! You my Hero! Love you man - keep on truckin' & smilin'! Lynnie

May 12, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home